Thursday, May 28, 2009

All I Need To Know About Life I Learned From Star Trek

As promised....(no it doesn't have much to do with organizing, but I love it!)

  • Seek out new life and new civilizations.
  • Non-interference is the Prime Directive.
  • Keep your phaser set on stun.
  • Humans are highly illogical.
  • There's no such thing as a Vulcan death grip.
  • Live long and prosper.
  • Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting; it is not logical but it is often true.
  • Infinite diversity in infinite combinations (IDIC).
  • Tribbles hate Klingons (and Klingons hate Tribbles).
  • Enemies are often invisible - like Klingons, they can be cloaked.
  • Don't put all your ranking officers in one shuttle craft.
  • When your logic fails, trust a hunch.
  • Insufficient data does not compute.
  • If it can't be fixed, just ask Scotty.
  • Even in our own world, sometimes we are aliens.
  • When going out into the Universe, remember: "Boldly go where no man has gone before!"



UPDATE: I should have mentioned that I am not the original creator of this list. I haven't been able to find the origins--I had a poster of this for years, and I found it again on another person's website, un-credited.

No comments: