Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I'm very excited to be attending this year's NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers) Annual Conference in San Diego next week. This conference comes to the west coast every three years, and I attended it in Reno 3 years ago, Boston 5 years ago and my very first conference was in 2005 in back in San Diego.
I'm proud to be flying down there with two of my organizing buddies from the North Bay Organizers and Coaches group, one of whom I drove down with in 2005, Gina Burdette (Get it Organized). I look forward to getting to know Amy Brueske (Always Organizing) better on the flight there and back. Boy, three organizers in one row of seats!
The North Bay Organizers and Coaches group will be well represented this year at National. One of our members, Angela Wallace (Wallace and Associates) will be installed as the new President of NAPO. Whoo-hoo! I'm also expecting to see Susanne Otteman (Organize This!), Jillian Stocks (Jillian Stocks Organizing), Judy Stern (Organize Now), and Grace Brooke (The Efficiency Specialist).
Now, will I come back with a tan or still be pale from being in conference sessions all day?
Sunday, March 27, 2011
I am passing on this information about the Santa Rosa, CA CHADD
(“Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder”) support group.
You are cordially welcomed to a newly revived Santa Rosa CHADD* Support Group meeting this Tuesday!
When: 7pm to 9pm, Tuesday, March 29th
Where: The Glaser Center (Unitarian Universalist Congregation), the Green Room
547 Mendocino Ave., downtown Santa Rosa
What: A NEW location in a comfortable room with new facilitators
1. Welcome & Introductions & Getting Started
2. (Voluntary) check-in by participants; visitors
3. Relevant current events and topics of group interest
4. Suggestions for the next meeting and Wrap-Up
5. Invitation to continue the conversation at a near-by restaurant/coffee shop
For past CHADD support group participants:
· This new group replaces the monthly Wednesday night CHADD meetings that met at the Quaker Meetinghouse on Guerneville Rd.
· Please come at 7 pm and see old friends, make new ones and help us create a great group!
For those who've never before attended a CHADD support group:
· Do you or someone you know have ADD/ADHD?
· Do you wonder if you have it, or have you recently been diagnosed with it?
· Are you dealing with the emotional impact of ADD/ADHD?
· Are you wondering what to do next or where to go for help?
Our goals are to provide all participants with
· Information and resources leading to improved lives
· A community based on mutual support, understanding, fellowship and camaraderie
· An enjoyable evening of stimulating discussion, humor, encouragement, and hope
Thank you for forwarding this email to anyone who might benefit from attending.
Downtown street parking is free after 6 pm and parking is also available at the city parking garage directly behind the Glaser Center ($.75 per hour).
For more information, please email Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 888-8223.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Scheduled Workshops and TalksThursday March 31, 2011
"Is this hoarding and what can I do about it?" Presentation for the public through the Russian River Empowerment Center in Guerneville, CA.
Tuesday May 15, 2011
"Motivational Interviewing for the Professional Organizer" Presentation to members of the NBOC at the Spring Educational Seminar, Sonoma County, CA.
Date TBA, 2011
"Recognizing Hoarding Disorder"for West County Services